Wednesday

A few of my favorites

I decided to post a few of my favorites for others to see. I thought you'd enjoy it!
I love the quote on this piece. I've always believed that lives can be change with a simple twist of an idea or thought. Thoughts are our life lines. I really believe they make us who we are and they can direct the paths we take. It's like the bible verse that says: As a man thinketh in his heart so is he. I just encouarge you to remember that. No matter what hardships you are going through, the way you think about it will determine the effect it has on you. This is a piece by http://www.ohkayk.etsy.com/. I simply love it!
I recently came upon this piece on etsy. I adore it. Why? Well, because it reminds me to never devalue myself or underestimate my worth. I think many women do this on a daily basis and it simply breaks my heart. I must admit thought that sometimes it is hard. With so many idea being thrown at us daily by the media, one can get overwhelmed quite easily. I guess that is why I love the first piece too! At the end of the day, we are all given gifts and talents. We are all truly awesome. The fact that you are here and can breathe and walk and be you is simply a miracle and for a woman to look at herself in a mirror everyday and feel and see something worthless is quite sad. My heart goes out to them. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could send this in a postcard some a friend who was struggling with self esteem issues? I think so... It is by http://www.redletterwords.etsy.com/
And simply because I love me some cupcakes I had to add this piece to my favorites. It is simple but says so much to me though. I love many of Linda Woods other pieces too. Sometimes, I think that if I really started to collect all the artwork I find myself loving, I would have a collection that resembles an elcletic gallery. The artwork that speaks to me vary from day to day but I really just love Linda's collages.
Then again, who doesn' t love a cupcake though? If I could have a cupcake everyday at every meal, I would. I don't know...but it just seems like a little whisper of some good is all you need to make it through the day.
You can find more of Linda Wood's pieces at her etsy shop, http://www.lindawoods.etsy.com/.

1 comment:

April Bourgois said...

Hi Juicy... saw your post on the CAC thread and I just had to look... and then I just had to see your blog... and boy do I like your taste! We're well run out of space for all our artwork yet we keep buying prints. It's an addiction!

Have you considered adding feedburner subscriptions or the Followers app to the blog? I'd love to subscribe!